Men's Golf

Redshirt junior golfer Collin Foster lines up a putt at practice on April 14. He led Iowa State at the Bridgestone Golf Collegiate by tying for 24th place.

Another delay at the NIT pushes play back a half an hour this morning. The first delay on Sunday evening due to darkness forced round two to be completed early this morning, and round three to be played immediately following.

There were 11 of the 16 teams participating who shot below par. Iowa State being one of them with 24 strokes under par placing them fifth overall.

Although the Cyclones shot below par in each round, the third and final round was the worst of their three. With a tournament score of (281-277-282), the team leaderboard was quite spread out. UNLV took first and won by a 12-shot margin with 50 under par. UNLV is ranked 46th in nation, according to Golfstat.

On the individual leaderboard, Denzel Ieremia tied with two others for second, shooting 14 under par and a score of (70-64-68) 202. Tripp Kinney, a sophomore out of Waukee, Iowa, finished in 11th with nine under par (66-70-71) 207.

Lachlan Barker also finished shooting under par with a score of (72-69-71) 212. The freshman, all the way from Australia, only dropped down one position after the last round to put him sharing the 27th spot with four others.

Iowa State takes a couple of weeks off before it's back in action March 12-13 at the Colleton River Collegiate in Bluffton, South Carolina.

Wayne Crane

The Cyclones were up against many ranked teams at The Hootie at Bulls Bay, and found a way to stay with them. The golf club management tournament will consist of three rounds or 18 holes each with a par of 72. The Hawkeye Invitational has been moved up because of potential inclement weather, so round one will now be starting Friday, and rounds two and three will be on Saturday.