Womens 800 Meter

Sophomore Erinn Stenman-Fahey runs in the womens 800-meter Feb 24. during the Big 12 Track and Field meet. Stenman-Fahey came in fifth with a time of 2:08.40. 

The Cyclone women took off to Lincoln, Nebraska, riled up on a mission to finish strong on their last road trip before heading back to Ames for the Iowa State Classic.

As usual, Jhoanmy Luque won yet again in her final campaign for the Cyclones. Luque won in the long jump competition with a jump of 20-7 ¼. That is her season-best and moves her to No. 10 in Division I this season.

Luque also had another night of glory in day two with a second-place finish in the triple jump with a finish of 42-6 ¾. Freshman Jalaiya Bartley jumped herself to 11th with a jump of 18-1 1/2 in the long jump. She also triple jumped herself to a 38-2.

Womens 800 Meter

Sophomore Jasmine Stabler runs in the women's 800-meter Feb. 24 during the Big 12 Track and Field meet. Stabler came in 4th with a time of 2:08.23. 

In the weight throw, senior Christabel Okeke had a very strong outing, as she finished with a powerful final throw of 61-11 3/4 to secure a seventh-place finish. Okeke was just one-and-a-half inches off her personal record in the Big 12 Indoor Championships last season.

Overall, it was a successful weekend for the Cyclones full of solid personal record performances. With there only being three weeks left before the Big 12 Indoor Championships, this meet was important for the individuals that participated. These next two weeks will be set for securing spots to compete. Next weekend, the Cyclones will be hosting the Iowa State Classic in Lied Recreational Gym with competition beginning at 11 a.m.