golf8

Iowa State junior Celia Barquin warms up during practice. 

Former Cyclone women's golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena finished the second round of the U.S. Women's Open on Saturday morning and improved on her first-round score in the process. 

However, it was not enough for the Spaniard to make the weekend. 

Play had been suspended Friday afternoon due to inclement weather, and golf resumed at 6:45 a.m. Saturday. 

Arozamena had finished 11 holes on Friday, leaving her seven holes to make the 4-over-par cut. 

golf7

Then-Iowa State freshman Chayanit Wangmahaporn, or "Kanoon," and sophomore Celia Barquin partner up during practice. 

Arozamena started play Saturday on the third hole, and she bogeyed the par-5 to fall back to 9-over-par. 

After a par on the fourth hole, Arozamena birdied the par-3 fifth to get back to +8. 

Following pars on the next two holes, Arozamena birdied the eighth hole to move up to +7, but she wasn't able to make up the ground she needed. Arozamena finished the second round with a 3-over-par 75. 

Arozamena finished her two rounds three strokes over the +4 cut line.