IMG_1763.jpg

Iowa State Baseball player sliding into home during the Cap Timm Classic.

One game.

That's what separates the Iowa State baseball team and an early end to its 2018 campaign at the National Club Baseball Association's (NCBA) regional tournament.

Iowa State, the No. 2 seed of four teams, dropped their first game of the double-elimination tournament on Friday, losing 4-3 to Missouri.

The Cyclones left the first inning with a 2-1 lead and wouldn't give up another run for the next five innings.

A big part of that was because of starter Thomas Anderson's pitching throughout the day.

IMG_2373.jpg

Iowa State runs home during the Iowa State vs. Oklahoma State baseball game. 

The Cyclones entered the seventh inning with the one-run lead, but came out of it tied at three.

After two scoreless innings, Missouri tacked on a run in the 10th, forcing Iowa State's hand.

The Cyclones came up empty-handed, and are one loss away from finishing their season.

Iowa State will play again on Saturday, taking on the loser of the No. 4 Nebraska vs. No. 1 Colorado State game. Regardless of which team wins, the Cyclones will play at noon on Saturday.