The ISU club baseball team has just one more two-game set remaining this season when it plays on the road against Central Missouri this Saturday.

The Cyclones did not play last weekend, and as a result took a week off from practice. ISU coach Aaron Hinnah said they were going to have a “no more Mr. Nice Guy” week of practice, with effort and practice attendance deciding who was going to play in the first game on Saturday.

The Cyclones (6-9, 5-7 Mid-America Conference North) lost two out of three conference games against Minnesota State two weeks ago, the last time they played.

The Mules (3-9) have not played since April 6, when they were swept by Missouri. The scores of the two games were 6-4 and 13-0.

Hinnah said there is not much at stake this weekend this late in the season with the World Series out of reach for the Cyclones.

“I feel we’ve already had a good season, not as well as I hoped for, but we’ve taken the right steps in the right direction,” Hinnah said. “Now it’s just kind of getting the guys more playing time and still just having fun.”

The Cyclones already have two more wins this season than they did all last season.

With making the World Series out of the question, ISU sophomore pitcher and utility player Kyle Martin said the motivation to get on the road and play the games is still there for the team.

“We all just enjoy baseball, and we love hanging out with each other,” Martin said. “We don’t think of it as a chore to go on the road; we’re here to have fun.”

With the season nearly over for the Cyclones, Martin said the team is playing for the seniors.

“We’d like to have them go out on a three-game winning streak,” Martin said.

The Cyclones play their final two-game set of the season against the Mules this Saturday in Warrensburg, Mo. The games start at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.