isu vs memphis-38.jpg

The Cyclone football team wore chrome helmets for the 59th Annual AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tennessee on Dec. 30, 2017.

Iowa State added a second running back to its 2019 class with the commitment of Jirehl Brock. Brock announced his commitment live on his local news station, KHQA.

Brock pulled an Iowa State hat out from under the table at his commitment ceremony, sending the crowd in his high school gym into a frenzy.

Brock is a 4-star back from Quincy, Ill., and he is the 11th-ranked running back in the 2019 class according to the 247 composite. He has dynamic ability with the ball in his hands, and he could possibly be in line to replace Iowa State star David Montgomery in 2019 or 2020. 

Iowa State was able to get Brock over Iowa, Minnesota and Northwestern. 

Brock's commitment follows Thursday's signing of 3-star running back Breece Hall. The Cyclones are likely set at the running back position following the two additions.

Brock is the 17th member of Iowa State's 2019 class snd the highest-ranked commit of Matt Campbell's tenure with the Cyclones.