Stephens Auditorium Performing Arts Series hosts a variety of shows every year at Iowa State. From Broadway musicals to children's shows, the team at Stephens works a full year in advance to book shows for all audiences.

Starting off the semester at Stephens is the traditional Chinese circus group, Cirque Mei. Foot juggling, female contortion, ladder balancing and lion dancing are in store for the attendees of this show taking place at 7 p.m. Oct. 12.

The Kingdom Choir will take the stage at 7 p.m. Oct. 7. The choir performed at the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Their performances are inspired by Christian tradition. 

Welcome Back S2

Stephens hosts five Broadway shows each year. Kicking off the 2019/2020 Broadway line up is “Beautiful.” This show is a musical portrait of the life and career of singer/songwriter Carole King. The musical rolls into Stephens at 8 p.m. Oct. 19. 

The venue jumps from one Broadway musical to another with “Jersey Boys.” This award-winning show highlights the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. The show swings into Stephens at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3.

Welcome Back S1

Ailey II is a performing dance company that includes performances, training and community programs. The group aims to provide an extended cultural community with young dance talent and emerging choreographers. The company dances onto the stage at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 13.

Welcome Back S3

“The Very Hungry Caterpillar” encompasses many Eric Carle book characters including “Little Cloud,” “The Mixed-Up Chameleon” and “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.” This children’s show is set to perform at 3 p.m. Nov. 17.

Following “The Very Hungry Caterpillar,” the Canadian Brass will perform its new arrangements and renditions of baroque and dixieland tunes at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 3.

The semester opens with a circus and ends with one too. A Magical Cirque Christmas’ live band accompanies classic Christmas tunes to circus acts from around the world. The musical circus performs at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 22.