thielen

Thielen Health Center offers students various services relating to physical and mental health.

Everyone gets sick. It happens. When you come to college, it’s almost unavoidable. Luckily, you can visit the doctor, fill a prescription and receive a variety of healthcare services right here on campus.

The Thielen Student Health Center is home to primary care, women’s health, mental health services and more, and students can visit the health center for any reason related to their overall physical wellness. The health center is also part of the Student Health and Wellness branch of the Division of Student Affairs, along with Student Wellness, Student Counseling Services and Recreation Services.

If you ever find yourself in need of a doctor’s visit, new prescription of any kind of healthcare while at Iowa State, here’s what you need to know about visiting the health center:

Appointments

When your cold doesn’t seem to be getting better, or seems like it could be more than a cold, you can call the health center to make an appointment to see a professional. Students can either choose to see the same provider every time or ask for the first-available appointment, according to the health center’s website. Students can call 515-294-5801 to make those appointments. If it’s an emergency situation, students should call 911 instead of the health center.

Getting your questions answered

If you find yourself in need of answers to health related concerns or questions, students can receive free, completely confidential advice over the phone. A registered nurse is on call during open hours and can give students medical advice and help them decide if they need to make an appointment for any concerns they have. Students can also call after hours at 515-294-5801.

Pharmacy

The health center also has a pharmacy on site where students can fill and pick up prescriptions. If you have a new prescription that you want filled at the health center, healthcare providers can send those prescriptions directly to the health center, according to thepharmacy’s webpage.

If you need a prescription refilled, you can visitcyclonehealth.org/refill or call 515-294-7983, according to the pharmacy’s webpage. Prescriptions can also be transferred from the health center to another pharmacy at the student’s request.

Other services

In addition to primary care, students can receive other services at the health center that they could normally receive at their healthcare providers back home. Walk-in flu shots are offered at the pharmacy on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and costs $20, according to theflu vaccine webpage. If you’re studying abroad or plan on travelling out of the country, you can receive any immunizations necessary for overseas travel, as well allergy shots.

The health center is also a destination for mental health and women’s healthcare. The health center offers numerous forms of contraception, and women’s healthcare providers can also perform pap smears and pelvic exams, according to thewomen’s health webpage.

The health center also hastwo mental health nurse practitioners and one psychiatrist to address and work toward treatments for mental health issues. The health center also works closely with Student Counseling Services to help address these issues when they arise.

For more information on the health center and they services they provide, visitcyclonehealth.iastate.edu.

Simon Baldwin

Nice post.
https://evokefinance.com/expertoption-withdrawals-guide/

Simon Baldwin

The Empire has its civilization modeled after medieval settings and is influenced vastly by spiritual conservatism, as is obvious in its warrior clergymen. https://evokefinance.com/expertoption-withdrawals-guide/

Presu Pis

The Thielen Student Health Center has been involved in women’s health since 1983. In 1987, they established a separate clinic serving college-age women. The Women's Center in the current building also opened in 1988, and the Women's Center for the Performing Arts has been operating since 1989, way before ivr systems for pharmacy became popular. As members of the medical community and our patients come to see the importance of addressing the needs of women, we strive to meet their most urgent patient inquiries.