2017 was a big year for music, which was reflected in the Grammy Awards on Sunday night. The 60th annual music awards took place at Madison Square Garden in New York.

While there were many great performances and noteworthy moments, a few stood above the rest:

1) Time’s Up Movement

The recent months have sparked change in different industries as many women have come forward about sexual assault they have faced in their career.

A number of celebrities showed their support for the #TimesUp movement at the Grammys by wearing/carrying white roses.

Among these were Janelle Monáe, who delivered a powerful speech on the subject, and Ke$ha who followed the speech with an emotional performance of her song “Praying."

2) “Tears in Heaven” to honor victims of Las Vegas shooting

In October 2017, a gunman opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival resulting in the death of 58 civilians.

To remember and honor those victims, country musicians Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne sang a moving rendition of Eric Clapton’s “Tears in Heaven."

This mass shooting was the worst in U.S history with over 500 injuries.

3) “1-800-273-8255” live performance

Logic’s single “1-800-273-8255” was one of the most popular songs of 2017, even getting nominated for Song of the Year at the Grammys.

Logic performed the hit song alongside Khalid and Alessia Cara and followed it up with a speech promoting equality in America.

4) “Wildflowers” cover

To remember the musicians who have passed away during the past year, artists Chris Stapleton and Emmylou Harris performed their cover of “Wildflowers” by Tom Petty.

Stapleton was one of the centers of attention for the night, taking home three Grammys, including Best Country Album.

5) Opening performance by Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar kicked off the awards show with a strong live performance that sparked a standing ovation and plenty of attention on social media.

Lamar’s popular album “Damn.” won him a total of five Grammys, including Best Rap Album of the Year.

Kendrick was in contention for Best Album of the Year but lost to Bruno Mars’ “24k Magic."