Streets are illuminated with colorful lights, stores are ridden with sugar-cookie-scented candles and radio stations are filled with spirited music. All of these signs seem to be pointing to one thing, the holiday season being upon us!
In the spirit of the holidays, many TV stations start to play the same movies on repeat. Test your ability to recognize these movies by reading 10 popular winter movie quotes with hints, then guess the film that they belong to. (Answers can be found on the bottom of the article.)
1. Starting off with what may be an easy one. This movie will play on TNT and TBS, 12 times, without stopping during two days of December.
“I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle.”
Still not getting this one? Here’s another hint.
“You’ll shoot your eye out!”
2. This next movie features an actor who can be seen in several large movies, such as "Step Brothers."
“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup.”
3. The main character of this next film is a smart kid, who is able to single-handedly save his house from theft.
“Keep the change, ya filthy animal!”
Need another hint?
“Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back?”
4. ‘Who’ will be able to guess this next movie?
“Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
5. This movie was released back in 1946, which might make it harder to guess. If you have not seen this movie, the quote might still be recognizable.
“What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.”
Still need some help? Here’s another quote.
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"
6. This animated movie features talking animals, and the main character has some pretty great feet.
“Don't push me 'cause I am close to the edge. I'm trying not to lose my head.”
7. After watching this movie you may be asking yourself: What would I do if my dad was Santa?
“You know, you look pretty good for your age.” “Thanks, but I'm seeing someone in wrapping.”
8. Death and skeletons don’t usually fit into the holiday spirit, except for when it comes to this Tim Burton film.
“Forgive me, Mr. Claus. I'm afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday.”
9. Frosty weather can make staying in to watch this movie sound more appealing than going out to build a snowman.
“When the thermometer gets red, the temperature goes up, and when the temperature goes up, I start to melt, and when I melt, I get all wishy-washy.”
10. The last movie may be hard to guess, it is a odd one compared to the rest. This movie is classified as a horror movie, yet can be a fan favorite when picking a movie to watch during a snowstorm.
One more hint.
“Red rum. Red rum. Red rum.”
"A Christmas Story"
"Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
"It’s a Wonderful Life"
"The Santa Clause"
"The Nightmare Before Christmas"
"Frosty the Snowman"