Des Moines Farmers' Market

A large crowd enjoyed the second week of the Des Moines Farmers' Market on May 27.

Iowa was ranked as the fifth best state for millennials, according to WalletHub.

In order to determine which states are the best and worst for millennials, WalletHub has compared all 50 states and the District of Columbia to determine 2018's best and worst cities for millennials.

Iowa was also ranked first in lowest housing costs available for millennials and has the fifth lowest percent of millennials who live with their parents.

According to the data, Iowa also has the fourth lowest millennial unemployment rate.

Other rankings include: average earnings for millennials, millennial homeownership rate, millennials with health insurance coverage and millennials with depression.

To determine these rankings, WalletHub looked into five specific areas: affordability, education & health, quality of life, economic health and civic engagement.

Each area had 30 relevant metrics, and each was rated on a 100-point scale. WalletHub also defined millennials as those born in the years between 1981 and 1997.

Read more here for more information on the study and how they measured these different areas.