popcorn-1433327_1920.jpg

Here are 5 holiday movies you may want to check out this holiday season:

"Die Hard"

Is "Die Hard" a traditional holiday film? Absolutely not, unless your family gatherings involve intense amounts of swearing and blood. However, despite its unconventional nature, "Die Hard" remains one of the greatest action films of all time and just so happens to be set in the holiday season. It's intense, infinitely reachable and will keep you glued to the screen. There are also plenty of references to the holidays and it takes place on Christmas Eve which means you can perfectly justify it into your holiday binge watch sessions.

"Gremlins"

Another atypical choice, "Gremlins" functions much like "A Nightmare Before Christmas"" as it combines aspects of both horror and holiday films. Following the chaos caused on Christmas Eve by a group of mysterious creatures, the film is more funny than scary and plays out like a live action cartoon. If you’re looking for something different this holiday season, give "Gremlins" a try.

"Krampus"

A holiday themed horror film released in 2015, "Krampus" follows an ungrateful family as they are stalked by the anti-Santa Claus. Based on German folklore, "Krampus" is a dark comedy at its core and borders on satire at times. Despite being a horror film, blood and gore are kept to a minimum, so squeamish viewers need not worry. Clocking in at just over 90 minutes "Krampus" is a fast ride that should scare and keep you in the holiday spirit.

"It’s a Wonderful Life"

It may be true that this a is a very safe choice and one many enjoy every holiday season. So, if you haven’t had the chance to check out this classic, take the opportunity to sit down and enjoy it over the break. Featuring fantastic performances by both James Stewart and Donna Reed, the duo is nearly guaranteed to make even the most hardened viewer get teary eyed. With several fantastic holiday messages regarding family and the impact of kindness there aren’t too many films that can capture the spirit of the season better than "It’s a Wonderful Life."

"National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation"

Another classic, although in a slightly different sense, "Christmas Vacation" is a comedy that shouldn’t be missed during the holiday season. Clark Griswold’s pursuit for the perfect Christmas is both hilarious while also relatable to most family gatherings. Whether it’s ruining the family meal or hoping for the perfect gift, it’s difficult not to find a situation that doesn’t speak to the average family.

Jeremy Raynolds

Thank you for the tips! "Gremlins" is my favorite. So many years have passed and I still dream to have them :) That good one. The guy I know from the viking essay firm has written a great review of this film. Funny, but it doesn't matter how old you're now when you're still watching "Gremlins" and "Home alone" every year.

Nguyen Duy Dung

"It’s a Wonderful Life" might be a good choice, it seems be the peaceful film and the kids love to see something peaceful, colorful and be with family. ps from mua bán nhà đất quận 11