durham center

Photo taken of Durham Center next to Parks Library, which will be the location of the new assistive technology lab. This lab will be in a vacant space and provide students with disabilities the technological resources they need for their classwork.  

Here is the rest of the story of the former Assistive Technology Lab in Durham Center.

After Grooms left in 2002, the lab was locked down and only opened to students that requested its use for two years. It was then opened to all students for two years, when the room was combined with three others to make a new multimedia meeting room.

The equipment for the Assistive Technology Lab was moved to a side room of the main computer lab in 2006 and stayed there until 2008. At that time, the computers were moved to a portion of the lab that had higher walls to help with sound isolation. The computers were used by more students, but students with a disability were given priority usage of the computers.

The main computer lab was dismantled in 2015 and the equipment that was in the Assistive Technology Lab was given to the Student Disability Resource Office, now called the Student Accessibility Services Office, to be set up again. Since I was laid off in 2016, I don’t know where that equipment finally ended up.

I’m happy to see that ISU is again trying to establish an Assistive Technology Lab, and I wish them well in keeping it up to date.

Sonya Heidenreich

Labs of an institute are always have been very important for the development of that country. Revamping the expert writers Lab of Durham is also playing a very important role in the development of this city and this country.