Here are the top 5 news stories from the past week, Nov. 13-19:

1. Ames Police investigates homicide- According to a press release made by the Ames Police Department, there was a homicide at 3:37 a.m. on Saturday. The shooting took place at the Fountain View Apartments. The incident appeared to be an attempted robbery.

2. Sports

1. Football- The Cyclones beat Baylor 23-13 on Saturday, improving their record to 7-4 overall and 5-3 in the Big 12.

2. Volleyball- On Saturday, the Cyclones swept TCU 25-19, 25-16 and 25-14.

3. Cross country- On Saturday, the Cyclones ended their season at the NCAA Championship in Kentucky where the men’s team placed seventh and the women’s finished 20th.

4. Men’s basketball- The Cyclones are bringing home the trophy after defeating Boise State 74-64 at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off championship.

5. Women's basketball- The Cyclones fell to UNI on Tuesday. The team will face UMKC at Hilton Coliseum on Monday.

6. Hockey- The Cyclones fell to Robert Morris University 7-6 on Saturday. The team will face Minot State on Dec. 1 for another series.

7. Softball- The team has released their 2018 season schedule. It will play in 36 away games and six different tournaments, starting with the Coastal Carolina Invitational in Conway, South Carolina.

8. Wrestling- The Cyclones faced some top competitors such as Iowa, Oklahoma and Missouri at the Lindenwood Open on Saturday.

3. IRHA sends out petition- The Inter-Residence Hall Association sent out a petition on Friday. The petition speaks out against proposed housing restrictions and will be shown to the Ames City Council at their Nov. 28 meeting.

4. Reaching an understanding between police and students- According to the Office of Registrar, international students make up 11 percent of the university population. The Iowa State Daily sat down with Dilok Phanchantraurai, Ames Police’s first international officer, to talk about the steps the police department and the university have taken to reach an understanding between international students and the Ames Police.

5. Addition of two new bachelor degrees- On Tuesday, faculty discussed adding bachelor's degrees in data science and actuarial science, as well as a minor in textual design. No official decision was made.

Dheeraj Nande

Very good topic, I do not know if they are as good as your work out. Online Cake in Dhanbad