FashionShowExhibit_07.jpg

"Tintin" created by Blaze Best, senior in Industrial Design, placed first in digital printing at the 2019 Fashion Show. The garments will be on display at the “Winners of The Fashion Show 2019" exhibit in Textiles and Clothing Museum's Mary Alice Gallery. The exhibit features the winning garments from the 2019 Fashion Show and will run through June 28.

FashionShowExhibit_02.jpg

Winning designs and garments from the 2019 ISU Fashion Show on display at the “Winners of The Fashion Show 2019" exhibit. The Textiles and Clothing Museum's Mary Alice Gallery will feature the exhibit from May 1 through June 28.

The Fashion Show 2020 producers were announced and The Fashion Show's 2019 winning garments display was unveiled in Morrill Hall on Wednesday.

“It was really tough choosing, the candidates were all very qualified,” said 2019 managerial co-producer, Sydney Lawrence, of choosing the new producers. “I’m excited to see already the changes that they brought up in their interviews. I’m excited, I think they are really going to excel The Fashion Show and really expand its reach too, something that they all talked about. And being more engaging with our committee members and with campus as a whole. I think they are going to do really great jobs.”

The two managerial producers for The Fashion Show 2020 are Presley Eldien and Erin Chapados, both seniors in apparel, merchandising and design. The two outreach producers are Tammie Melton, a senior in apparel, merchandising and design and Claire Hennessey, a senior in graphic design.

“I am so excited," Eldien said. "This has honestly been a dream of mine since freshman year.” 

The producers for next years show will start their new roles immediately.

Attendees were also able to get an up-close look of the Fashion Show 2019 winning garments on display in the Mary Alice Gallery.

“I think [the designs] are all awesome. I think the fact that they are created by students makes it even more awesome,” said graduate assistant Dyese Matthews, who helped put the exhibit together for the Textiles and Clothing Museum. “I am excited for everyone to be able to see them up close especially, because it is hard during the show.” 

People continued to fill the gallery, admiring the winning pieces and signing the guest book placed at the front of the room.

“It’s really awesome to see the intricate details and see the garments close and personal,” said Kennedy Kramer, senior in apparel, merchandising and design. 

There was also a drawing attendees could enter for a chance to win multiple prizes including The Fashion Show merchandise and gift cards to a variety of places.

The exhibit of The Fashion Show 2019 winning garments will be open for public viewing in the Mary Alice Gallery at the Textiles Clothing Museum in Morrill Hall from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. until June 28. After June 28, visits can only be made by appointment until July 26.