Stu Gov

Newly elected president, Austin Graber, was confirmed by the Senate during the Student Government meeting on Wednesday, April 17.

Student Government confirmed 14 members of cabinet and voted on finance bills at their final meeting of the semester Wednesday.

Student Accessibility Services requested $5,560 to help pay for equipment, such as crutches and wheelchairs, for students who need assistance to travel around campus.

The bill was postponed indefinitely.

The Catt Center requested $10,000 to fund the 19th Amendment Centennial Commemoration Kickoff in February 14, 2020, which marks the 100 year anniversary of the founding of the national League of Women Voters by Carrie Chapman Catt.

The bill was approved with a vote of 28-0-0.

The following executive positions were confirmed:

• Lauryn Perk and Sarah Longmire—Co-Directors of Student Org Relations
  • Shubham Sharma—Director of Information Technology
  • Emily Rizvic—Election Commissioner
  • Martha Broadnax—Director of Residency
  • Devyn Leeson—Ex-Officio Ames City Council Liaison
  • Jenna McCarthy—Graphic Designer
  • Kathryn Walker—Senior Director of Governmental Affairs
  • Elena Hoffman—Director of Diversity and Inclusion
  • Carrie Swartz—Director of Outreach
  • Raia Arbisi—Director of Health and Wellness
  • Sarah Moody—Senior Director of Academic Affairs
  • Rachel Origer—Senior Director of Student Services
  • Johnny Murphy—Senior Director of Communications
  • Rebekah Wilson—Director of Media Relations
  • Izzy Rojas and Jake Gilson—Co-Directors of Legislative Ambassadors

The senate also seated Vice President Vishesh Bhatia and Sen. Sandeep Stanley to the Special Student Fee and Tuition Committee.

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.

Editor's Note: Devyn Leeson is the print managing editor for the Iowa State Daily.

Gia Ancona

Great article, thanks for posting. As a student, this information is relevant to me, and I would also like to share my study tips. Being a student is very difficult because you have to constantly do a bunch of tasks and write a lot of essays. Recently, I had to write an argumentative essay and my friend advised me this site https://studymoose.com/argumentative-essay-topics, where I could not only get help in writing the work but also find a lot of useful information.