isu police night stock photo traffic stop

An Iowa State Police officer at a traffic stop on Union Drive. 

UPDATE: As of 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, Rodney Halterman, 18, has been arrested, according to the Ames Police department. 

UPDATE: The victim of shooting on Saturday afternoon has been identified as Ieisha N. Jabbar, 19, of Ames. She was released from Mary Greeley Medical Center on Sunday after being shot in the chest.

The suspect, Rodney Halterman, 18, has not been taken into custody. He is wanted for attempted murder by police, a Class "B" felony.

Rodney Halterman

Rodney Halterman, 18, is the suspect in a shooting that occurred on Jan. 12, 2019. Police have issued an arrest warrant for Halterman for attempted murder, a class "B" felony.

ORIGINAL: Ames police have issued an arrest warrant for attempted murder related to a shooting that occurred on Saturday afternoon inside a private residence. 

The suspect has been identified as Rodney Halterman, age 18. Attempted murder is considered a class "B" felony. 

At 4:16 p.m. Saturday, police were called to Mary Greeley Medical Center to investigate a report of a woman who was being treated for a gunshot wound.

According to a news release, the victim and a witness said she had been shot in the chest while inside 122 S. Russell Avenue. She was then transported by a private vehicle to the hospital.

The name of the victim is not being released at this time. She is in stable condition, according to police.