ISU Students 4 Trump announced Monday that the Milo Yiannopoulos event scheduled for Friday has been cancelled. 

In an email from ISU Students 4 Trump, the group said, "We apologize on our behalf for letting you down. Please remind our fellow faculty and students that we will always push for freedom of speech and expression."

The cancellation follows nearly a week of opposition from the unofficial student organization after it claimed that the university had hiked security fees as a way to stop the event.

Because ISU Students 4 Trump is a non-university organization, the group had to rent out space in the Memorial Union at full price. 

Austen Giles, the president of ISU Students 4 Trump, said the university originally charged him $1,070, which he said he paid out of his own pocket, but later asked for an additional $1,944.

Giles said that while he was disappointed the event was cancelled, he was proud that the group stuck to its principle. 

"It is a shame that the event had to be cancelled," Giles said, adding however that they learned a lot from this experience and are more aware of the environment and administration. 

Giles said he made the decision to cancel the event after a meeting with the Iowa State Police Department and Memorial Union event staff. Giles said the university did offer that the event be rescheduled, however. 

The money Giles invested in the event initially will be refunded to him within the week. He said the $500 they raised on GoFundMe, however, will be harder to refund, as the page disappeared once the group reached the goal.

Giles said they have been in contact with the GoFundMe technical team on what the options are.

Memorial Union policies and guidelines state that "The Memorial Union reserves the right to cancel or suspend any event, when it is determined that an unreasonable risk to the security and/or safety of the facility and/or its patrons exists."

The guidelines also state that the Memorial Union also reserves the right to change policies without notice and grant exceptions upon appeal. 

Yiannopoulos is a British journalist, entrepreneur, public speaker and technology editor for Breitbart News. He is currently touring multiple universities across the United States. The event, before it was cancelled, was sold out on Eventbrite.

Iowa State released a statement about the Yiannopoulos event in response to backlash from ISU Students 4 Trump and Yiannopoulos himself saying that the extra security fees rooted from events that have occurred at other universities:

"Physical altercationsbomb threats and threats of weapons violence at other universities where Yiannopoulos has appeared or was scheduled to appear have resulted in the need for the Memorial Union to require additional security for this event," the statement said.

Yiannopoulos responded with a statement, questioning the university's censorship:

“Universities that hope to stop me by hitting students with impossible security fees should think again. The University of Alabama tried it, and backed down. The University of Minnesota tried it, and backed down," Milo said. “Students don’t accept the college’s reasoning, and, when they are informed of it, neither do the public. All President Leath is accomplishing with this fee is giving his college a reputation for slippery censorship tactics.”

junior ionut

Deciding whether or not you need Security Guards for events, will depend on a number of key points. How many guests are invited? Will there be alcohol available? Is it a licensed event? What is the average age of the guests? What is the location of the event? Are there assets to protect. If you take a close look at the Atlantic city special events you'll see how important is security for them. Its important to check on local laws and legal requirements.

Taylor Shaw

It was so disappointing to find the event was canceled after the university demanded a hike in the security fees which by law is allowed to them. I don't believe they did it intentionally as many students thing. Till an official update from the university is released don't judge them. mens novelty socks

lionel john

I don’t think this is a good decision to cancel the event which was planned on coming Friday. Many of us were eagerly waiting for the event and feel so disappointed after hearing this news. Hope that you will conduct the event later. private louvre tour

jaden smith

The Best and Worst Reasons to Get an Online Masters Degree in Communication
Masters Degree

alex jou

If I needed to pick amongst resting and perusing this blog, I'd unquestionably run with this blog.free walking tour stockholm

jaden smith

Good job with the post! Continue on working wonderful articles. A properly maintained landscape is a piece of art. That is why you need landscape architecture. Planning what will grow and how is an essential aspect of taking care of your garden.Best Hunting Knives

hide away

Nice article. Hope this will help in the future. Very informative. Maldives Beach Resort - Maldives Luxury Resort Hideaway Resort hideaway beach resort. Doubtlessly this is a fantastic post I got a considerable measure of information subsequent to perusing good fortunes. Topic of website is superb there is just about everything to peruse, Brilliant post. Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes which will make the largest changes. Many thanks for sharing!
Maldives Beach Resort - Maldives Luxury Resort Hideaway Resort hideaway beach resort

hide away

Nice article. Hope this will help in the future. Very informative. Doubtlessly this is a fantastic post I got a considerable measure of information subsequent to perusing good fortunes. Topic of website is superb there is just about everything to peruse, Brilliant post. Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes which will make the largest changes. Many thanks for sharing!
Maldives Beach Resort - Maldives Luxury Resort Hideaway Resort Hideaway beach resort

jaden smith

It is very important for every blog owner to add appropriate content on every page. Pages that have no content will not get any authority in search engine and your reader will not come back.
towelroot

jaden smith

I was surfing net and luckily ran over this site and discovered extremely fascinating stuff here. Its truly amusing to peruse. I delighted in a ton. Much obliged for sharing this great data..!
youtube subscribers | youtube views

alex jou

My heartiest congrats to the author on composing this.q7 car cover

alex jou

Flawless and legendary blog, Full of sublime and virtuosic words.search engine optimization agency

jaden smith

I am no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what you are speaking about, and I can truly get behind that.male edge pro review

chang bur

Immensely beguiled by the words used by the writer.
http://www.icouponkart.com/functions-using-melanotan-2-skin-tanning-process/

jaden smith

I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more.I’m now not sure the place you are getting your information, but good topic.Thank you for fantastic information I used to be searching for this info for my mission.蔡小煒律師

alex jou

The creator has made a fine showing with regards to changing the sentiments into words.free tour stockholm

alex jou

I couldn't locate the ideal words to value this. This is genuinely one in a millions.holm law group san diego

alex jou

Loaded with superb and virtuosic words.Powerful is all that is in this blog.free tour stockholm

jaden smith

I am no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what you are speaking about, and I can truly get behind that.https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Firestarter86

jaden smith

ShowBox APK

jaden smith

Great article! Be sure to check out.Movie Box