A student reported being sexually assaulted by an individual Jan. 16, 2015, according to a timely warning sent out by ISU Police on Jan. 22.

The assault occurred at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house at 140 Lynn Ave. 

Ames Police Department Public Information Officer Jason Tuttle said the victim reported the sexual assault at about 11 a.m. the following day. 

The night the victim reported the assault, the Story County Sexual Assault Response Team, SART, visited Mary Greeley hospital. 

Tuttle said the victim said a member of the fraternity was responsible for the assault.

Ames PD issued a search warrant Jan. 17 for the fraternity house.

Maxwell Johnson, a member of the fraternity, was arrested on charges of interfering with official acts during the search.

"He first refused to let officers enter the building and then while they were trying to search, he tried to move in the way to prevent the officers from going further in the house," Tuttle said. "He began screaming at the officers."

The officers tried to escort Johnson away from the search. 

"He started trying to flail and kick as the officer tried to remove him from the room," Tuttle said. 

The incident is an active investigation being investigated by the Ames Police Department. University Judicial is also holding its own investigation. 

Christian Dahl, president of SAE, said Friday that he would not comment.