barksatparks.jpg

Junior in computer engineering, Eleni Vaskova, plays with certified therapy dog, Miley during Barks@Parks on Dec. 3. Barks@Parks is held daily during dead week in the upper rotunda of Parks Library, to help students reduce stress during the week.

From Monday until May 9, Parks Library will be open 24/7 for students to study throughout dead week and finals week. 

The popular Barks@Parks event will also be returning to the library during dead week. The event will be open from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday in the upper rotunda. 

The upper rotunda in the library will also house a variety of puzzles, coloring activities and games for students, according to the University Library website.

Additionally, the Mindfulness Room, located in room 297, is available during library hours. 

“We are pleased to be able to continue 24/7 hours in Parks during dead and finals weeks, and to offer healthy snacks and to partner with Student Wellness on additional activities,” said Dean of Library Services Beth McNeil in a press release. “Supporting our students and their academic success is a top goal for the University Library.”

In addition to the library extending it's hours, Bookends Cafe located in room 184 will be open until 11 p.m. on May 3 and 4 and will be open until 2 a.m. May 5 through 8. Additionally, during overnight hours, the library will offer fresh fruit and other snacks available to students.