The uncle of an Iowa State student who died in a boating accident has created a Gofundme page to raise funds for funeral expenses. 

Jesse Blakely, 20, of Matteson, Illinois, was reported missing May 31 in the Lake of the Ozarks. The Missouri State Highway Patrol officer said Blakely fell off of a boat after it hit a wake. A resident discovered Blakely's body in a cove at the 5.7 mile marker in Morgan County June 10.

Blakely was a junior in engineering at Iowa State University. He was involved in the Leadership Studies Program. 

Michael Robinson, Blakely's uncle of Flossmoor, Illinois, said on the Gofundme page, "I'm raising money to bury my nephew who passed tragically in a boating accident last week. My sister is going through a lot so I'm trying to help her bring her son home and lay him too (sic) rest. Jesse Blakely was a student at Iowa State and had a promising future. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your support during this difficult time."

The family has raised $2,130 out of their $10,000 goal as of 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Rick Krieger

The man in the other boat, whose identity has not been disclosed, is listed in critical but in stable condition in the intensive care unit. Deputies with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Parks Bureau and quality boat lifts fort myers fl said Sunday that the victim had been in the water trying to free fishing line from the propeller of his boat when someone turned on the engine and put the boat in reverse. The man was airlifted to Henry Mayo from Pyramid lake Sunday morning after he was cut by the propeller of a boat and suffered a 12-inch laceration across his abdomen.