The 90th annual Soil Management and Land Value Conference will be held Wednesday at the Scheman Building at Iowa State University. It is the longest running conference at ISU in both research and extension, according to a release from extension and outreach.

The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences sponsors the event, along with ISU Extension and Outreach, and the Department of Economics plans the event. The conference is designed for anyone who has an interest in agriculture land, land management and land valuation. 

“This, to me, is an excellent example of the public-private partnership between ISU and the agriculture industry started 90 years ago," Wendong Zhang, assistant professor of economics and chair of the conference planning committee, said in the release. 

This year, the Soil Management and Land Value Conference will look at several current issues in rural property management, appraisal and sale/purchase.

This year’s conference will feature topics on agricultural trade and economy, agricultural financial conditions, population changes and its impact on rural communities, as well as a panel discussion on the historical focus of the Soil Management and Land Value Conference.

“As a professional farm manager, rural appraiser and farm broker for 48 years with Hertz Farm Management, I attended most of the Soil Management and Land Valuation conferences during my career,” said Loyd Brown, long-time conference attendee. “The meetings also provided opportunity to network with other farm managers, appraisers, realtors, ag finance professionals and others throughout Iowa.”

Visit the event's website for more information.

Charlie Dejei

At eBay, the various buildings are named after the original popular categories (Collectibles, Motors, Sports etc.) and each conference room in each building is named along that theme. For example, you'll find Disneyana and Tupperware in Collectibles, Barry Bonds and Kristy Yamaguchi in Sports, Duesenberg in Motors and so on and so forth. Take a look at the meeting rooms Oklahoma City OK if you need inspiration. At StumbleUpon, the conference rooms are named after various scientists - Copernicus, Mendel, Einstein, Euler etc. in homage to them and our geeky beginnings.