Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is set to visit Ames on Friday, Oct. 26.

Romney will speak at Kinzler Construction Services, which is where he spoke when he visited Ames in December 2011.

Kinzler Construction is located at 2335 230th St. If you are using a GPS to locate the event, however, the address you will need to use is 2335 West Lincoln St.

Doors to the event will open at 9:30 a.m., and it is expected to begin between 11:30 a.m. and noon.

Barack Obama and Romney have made multiple visits to the state of Iowa, a swing state that has six electoral votes up for grabs in the Nov. 6 election.

According to a flyer released from the Romney campaign, those planning to attend the event are being asked to bring as few personal items as possible and should be prepared for "airport-like security."

Cameras will be allowed at the event, but no bags, liquids, sharp objects, signs or umbrellas will be permitted.

Tickets for the event can be obtained at the Ames Victory Office at 711 East Lincoln Way from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday.

tekkigirl
Linda Crawford

why?!!!

Divine
Jon Divine

Bush was peace candidate in 2000 when most college kids were boys and girls. Bush lied, got elected and took us to two wars. He failed in us in financial security. Now Romney is lying. While he visited Ames, his company Bain capital was busy packing to move jobs to China. If you are in college, expect worst. You will end up facing mandatory draft in military before you know. Romney is a sleek liar.

Obama believes in you and me. Romney believes in Chinese. Because of Obama's ground work, the economy is slowly improving and job market looking up. Romney wants to import more workers from abroad. You you decide what you want. I will Vote Obama.

Divine
Jon Divine

THE REAL NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE are the eroding competitive and productive edge that USA has enjoyed ever since its birth as the opportunities are shipped abroad by Romneys of USA. The more we do more we learn, more we invent, more we innovate, more we contribute and more competitive we become. Wisdom lies in sacrificing short term profits for long term gains. Had Obama not intervened all the accumulated knowledge and wisdom of our American experience would have been shipped abroad leaving millions more scrambling for food and shelter rather than for opportunity.

Right now, Romney’s Bain capital is packing to move jobs from Illinois to China in Sensata, Inc that it owns. In the future Romney wants to outsource IRS and CPA jobs, engineering jobs, medical jobs, etc.

America that we love will end up becoming a shell of what it is if Romney gets elected. Bush contributed nothing but wasteful wars, depressing deficit and downturn, and deadly vacuum in Research and Development.

tjames
Taylor Schweizer

Jon Divine, based on what evidence do you believe Romney is planning to move jobs to China? Seems like you are making a claim without a foundation. You are entitled to your own opinion, but please don't make claims that are simply untrue. If you want to talk about lies, look at all the promises Obama has made, and failed to deliver. If you're a Republican, obviously you should vote for Romney. But Democrats should simply look at Obama's failure. Say what you want about Obama doing "great" things, but a quick look at the national deficit should persuade your vote. We are borrowing a LOT of money from China, which is the opposite way money SHOULD be flowing. Going from a debt of $10 trillion to almost $16 trillion is way too much. That, Jon, is a claim with factual foundation. Try to stick to those.