A recent survey placed Iowa State's Memorial Union among the best student unions in terms of quality and service to students.

In the recent Association of College Union International/EBI Educational Benchmarking Survey, the Memorial Union rated at or near the top in a number of the categories, according to the Memorial Union's website.

This analysis assessed various aspects of Memorial Union service including: the union publicity, the environment, the entertainment, the leadership opportunities, and the food variety and prices.

The Memorial Union was compared to six other higher education institutions on these categories, according to the website.

The bookstore was rated on staff, items and prices in addition to student union cleanliness, helpfulness of staff and overall program offerings.

Aspects ranking at the top in the Memorial Union are the student union cleanliness, bookstore items and variety, bookstore staff, publicity and promotion of events, student union staff helpfulness, and food variety and quality.

Among the other six institutions, the Memorial Union ranked second in enhancement of life and leadership opportunities, the student union as a place of entertainment and third in overall program effectiveness.

According to the Memorial Union's website, the staff and directors of the Memorial Union use these assessments of the 647 students who responded to the survey to improve the services provided to each student.