Campus Book Store, located at 2300 Lincoln Way, is closing after being in business for 39 years. 

The store, which has been privately owned and operated by Floyd and Sandra Ballein since 1973, has signs hung in its windows stating everything in the store is 50 percent off, with even the fixtures, displays and shelving up for sale. 

A store employee said the store has no set date for closing.

When asked questions regarding the store's closing, Christi Ross, a representative for the bookstore, said via email that no one on-site at the bookstore would be available to answer the questions and then directed any questions to Dave Little, commercial sales and leasing associate at Buyers Realty. 

The property is listed through Buyers Realty for $2.9 million. The assessed value of the property is $1.8 million. Little said the listing price is more than the assessed price due to the location of the property.

Keep reading the Daily for more information on Campus Book Store's closing and its effect on the ISU community.

David Sheets
David Sheets

Bummer. Maybe they didn't want to be pushers for the Textbook Cartel any longer.

Grimmm
Tyler Schmidtbauer

@David: They moved everything that wasn't liquidated to a bookstore in East Lansing, MI that is owned by the Ames bookstore owner's brother.