Pridefest11.jpg

Audience members give Joemari Felarca dollar bills during a performance of Rolling in the Deep by Adele. Felarca participated in one of the drag shows hosted during the second annual Pridefest in Ames Sept. 29.

The Ames Public Library will be hosting an All-Ages Drag Show 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday.

“Drag is for everyone,” according to the Facebook page for the event. “Grab your best friend, your preschooler or grandmother, your dad or your neighbor and your neighbor's kids, roommates, bandmates or that cool kid that sits next to you in math class and check out the free all age-friendly performances by professional and amateur drag performers.”

Some performers who will be at the event include Queen Marie, Smokey Moon, Christiana, Boyencé, Sage Umbra, Macie Maize, Jacob Sanchez, Cadaverina Von Corpse, Jaymee Sexton and Lonika LaBelle.

The schedule for the show will be the all-ages show 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. then a teens-only drag performer round table 7:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. The last event will be a teens-only drag show featuring professional and amateur performances, which will take place 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Killary Clinton

Great use of a taxpayer funded facility

Nonya Business

Will NAMBLA be present? Every sane person sees these child drag shows for what they are, the pedophile wing of the LGBT community promoting their fetish in public under the guise of tolerance and diversity. Nevertheless, the rainbow haired blobs that orchestrated this will persist on normalizing pedophilia. How long until the IowaStateDaily puts out their "Pedophilia: a disease not a crime" piece?

Connor Bryant

Yikes

Loooo Weeee

Clown world: more than a meme

Neil Osborn

To the people saying this is a promotion of pedophelia or a waste of money, GROW UP! This is an all ages event for a disenfranchised community to celebrate their feminine side. It’s suppose to be safe for everyone, that’s the entire point. If it were a meeting of catholic priests I would understand your concerns, but your responses to this are way out of line.

If any gay people had the misfortune of seeing those other comments, sorry! Not everyone at ISU is like that.

Joe Hall

I think the problem has is that it seems to be catering towards younger audiences, which is really not appropriate. Take the child "drag stars" like Desmond is Amazing and Lactatia who are praised on national morning shows.Then it turns out there is video of a 12 year old child dancing on stage in a gay bar, or taking pictures with basically naked men, that is a problem. The world of drag is not a children's world, and we shouldn't try to make it one.

Hugh Mungus

Child abuse is how gays reproduce.