The Fourth of July is a time for patriotism, gathering with friends and family and spending time outside. Here is your complete list of activities to enjoy this Fourth of July in Ames:

Ames Sesquincentennial 4th of July Parade.

Cy walks in the 2014 4th of July parade.

All Day: 4th of July Celebration

Occurring in Downtown Ames, the 4th of July Celebration will commence at 8:30 a.m. with a pancake breakfast hosted by the mayor and City Council at 515 Clark Ave. Following the breakfast, a parade will happen on Main Street at 11 a.m. The Bill Riley Talent Competition will be from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Burnett Avenue. The celebration also includes the three-day DockDogs series, which is held in front of Torrent Brewery.

All Day: 4th of July Family Camp

Held at Raspberry Hill, this all-day event offers families the opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy fireworks and a family breakfast. Tents are not provided, and admission is $50. Raspberry Hill also has three rooms available in their bed and breakfast. 

7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Friendship Ark Race/Walk

The annual race/work takes place at Ada Hayden Park and supports Friendship Ark, a community services company for adults with disabilities. The kid’s run will commence at 7:45 a.m. 

10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Kids’ Story Time

Held at Reiman Gardens weekly, this free event features read-aloud books followed by an activity or craft session. 

10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.: 4th of July Grilling in the Co-op Parking Lot

Open before, during and after the parade on Main Street, meals will be available in the parking lot of Wheatsfield Co-op. Meats available include veggie bratwurst, bratwurst and hotdogs. The event also features a dessert option. 

Ames Municipal Band Presents Sousa Festival

The 2013 Sousa Festival Concert in Durham Bandshell Park was conducted by Dr. Michael Golemo, professor and chair of department of music and theatre of Iowa State University.

7 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Ames Municipal Band Concert

Directed by Michael Golemo, the Ames Municipal Band will perform an hour-long concert and will be accompanied by vocal soloist Miles Morgan. The event will not feature a pre-show act. The event is free to the public and is held at the Durham Bandshell in Bandshell Park.