ArtWalk

Artists lined Main Street during the Ames ArtWalk on June 2 to display their artwork for locals.

The annual downtown Ames Art Walk will return to Ames’ Main Street Friday.

It will feature art from over 60 artists, primarily from the state of Iowa and is hosted by downtown businesses in Ames. The family-friendly event is free to the public and will take place from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m on Main Street. The Art Walk will include various sculptures, jewelry, paintings, photography and more.

The event will serve as a platform for artists to involve people with their artwork through activities as well as sell their art. This will be showcased on the sidewalks and in the businesses in downtown Ames. The event also brings crowds to the business that line the street.

Sarah Dvorsky, the event coordinator for the Art Walk, said many people can walk around and observe the artwork and businesses. She also said the artwork will either be inside the hosting businesses or outside their doors.

The participating business and artists they are hosting can be found on the Ames Downtown website.

The event will also feature a community art project on the 400 block of Kellogg Ave, which will be the only area closed for pedestrians. A piece called “Coloring Pages For All Ages” will allow attendees of the walk to make their mark during the event by contributing to the community art piece.

“What it is is we’ll have five different paintings where anyone can go ahead and can come paint a section of. We have feature art from local Ames artists,” Dvorsky said.

Dvorsky said there will also be several restaurants which will be open and some businesses will come to this event from locations across Ames.

2019 marks a special occasion for the Art Walk as it is the 25th year it has occurred on Main Street. The event will also feature live music from local artists. 

Casey White

Great article, thanks for posting. I found a lot of interesting information for myself. I am also a college student and I want to recommend the platform I have been using for a long period of time, when I need help finding material or when I need examples of essays I visit Grades Fixer and find a lot of useful materials. Recently I had to write an essay on climate change and this platform helped me a lot.