Reporter Christine Hopkins attended an Iowa Cubs game in Des Moines on Saturday and documented her trip on Snapchat. Highlights of the game, a 14-9 loss to the Round Rock Express, are below:

Principal Park is located on Line Drive in downtown Des Moines, just off Southwest Second Street. The stadium was built in 1992 and was called Sec Taylor Stadium until Principal Financial Group bought the stadium naming rights in 2004.

I-Cubs catcher Willson Contreras had a 16-game hitting streak going into Saturday’s game and wasted no time extending it to 17 games with a double in his first at-bat. Contreras went 2-for-4 in the game, raising his season average to .353 and maintaining his .500 June average.

Throughout the evening, mid-inning events like the T-shirt gun, hot dog gun and Burger Race kept the crowd excited even as the I-Cubs surrendered their early lead and never quite caught up.

After the Baltimore Orioles announced in April 2015 that they would be playing to an empty stadium, the I-Cubs were quick to remind everyone that they had to do the same in 2008. While downtown Des Moines was being evacuated due to flooding, the I-Cubs played – and won – to a silent crowd of two scouts sitting behind home plate.

Don’t miss another ISD Road Trip: follow us on Snapchat @iowastatedaily and join us on our next adventure.