The Iowa state women’s cross country team is preparing for their meet in Madison, Wisconsin, for the Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational on Friday. The team is coming off their best finish, resulting in a second place finish at the Roy Griak Invitational.

Frisbie_Anne_Big12.jpg

BU's Anna West, competes in the Womens Race of the 2016 Big 12 Cross Country Championship at at the Rawls Golf Course, Lubbock, TX

The team is looking for another big meet for top runners, Cailie Logue and Annie Frisbie, who both had top 10 finishes in the Roy Griak Invitational. The goal of the team is to have the girls finish together.

ISU women's cross-country team finishes fourth at Hawkeye Early Bird Invitational

From left, ISU women's cross-country runners Jasmine Staebler, Erinn Stenman-Fahey, Gwynne Wright, Megan Schott and Grace Gibbons take a picture together after competing in the Hawkeye Early Bird Invitational on Friday at Ashton Cross-Country Course in Iowa City.

The team is currently ranked No. 18 in the nation, with 170 points. The invitational is important for the team to move up the rankings, but face fierce competition with 33 teams competing, which half are ranked nationally. This will be the last meet before the Big 12 Championships.

The team’s goal is to win the Big 12 Championships, while growing every week. 

“The key for any tournament is make it to the end,” Frisbie said. “Since cross country is team based we want the whole team to finish in every tournament. That will be very important through the rest of the season.”

Andrea Toppin competes in NCAA Midwest Regional

ISU women's cross-country runner Andrea Toppin runs to an 18th-place finish at the NCAA Midwest Regional on Nov. 13, 2015, in Lawrence, Kan. 

The team builds on each tournament and strives to make the next tournament better. That is the goal for this tournament — treat the last one as motivation for this one. The girls do not like to put pressure on each other. The key for the team is putting the pressure behind them and running together.

“We do not like to let the rankings affect us,” coach Andrea Grove-McDonough said. “Our goal is to keep building on each tournament and when we do that the rankings will speak for themselves.”

Langley Falls

Every employer must ensure that regular inspections are made of all workplaces, including buildings, structures, grounds, excavations, tools, equipment, restoration services north carolina machinery and work methods and practices, at intervals that will prevent the development of unsafe working conditions. This investigation is ongoing, however the site has been returned to the employer; equipment that must be examined has been removed from the site and transferred to independent laboratories for testing and analysis, and information and evidence gathered through witness statements is being analyzed.