Iowa State Dates, a game show hosted by the Iowa State Daily, gave three couples the chance to win $50 gift cards to Hy-Vee Market Grille, The Loft, Cookies Etc. and a sterling silver heart pendant from Riddle’s Jewelry. The couples could receive points by having the same answer to questions based on the other person's opinion.

The first couple was Savannah Trefftzs and Andrew Smith, who had been dating for two years and two months to the day. After a series of five questions answered incorrectly, Smith, in good spirit, said, “Brutal.” However, they ended up answering three correctly and one partially correct, resulting in three and a half points.

The second couple, Seth and Emma Miller, had been married since October 2016. During their turn, Seth gave away the secret to a good relationship: a lot of compromise and cooperation. The couple answered one correctly and one partially correct.

The final couple, Nick Lafrenz and Mike Tallon had been together for seven months but have known each other for a lot longer. Among the questions asked was what was Tallon’s favorite gift he had ever received. A quick response: a fertility doll bought in El Salvador. They received two and a half points out of the 10 questions posed to them.

After the tally, the judges decided that Trefftzs and Smith would take the prize.