+2 
bowl selection football-1836.jpg

Matt Campbell talks to the media following the announcement of the Cyclones playing in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl on Saturday, December 30. The Cyclones will travel to Memphis, Tennessee to face the Memphis Tigers. 

The Associated Press released its 2017 All-Big 12 Team on Friday, with accolades being presented to a handful of Iowa State players and head coach Matt Campbell.

Campbell received the highest honors by earning AP Big 12 Coach of the Year after improving from a 3-9 record in 2016 to a 7-5 record this season. He's also been awarded Big 12 Coach of the Year from the Big 12 Conference as well as AFCA Region 4 Coach of the Year. 

Along with Campbell, some of the Iowa State players made the list for All-Big 12 First and Second Team. 

The All-Big 12 First Team included sophomore running back David Montgomery, redshirt senior Joel Lanning and redshirt senior safety Kamari Cotton-Moya. 

Montgomery was one of the most dominant running backs in the Big 12 and also ranks in the top 35 of the NCAA for total rushing yards. He has 1,094 rushing yards this season along with 11 touchdowns. 

+2 
ISU vs OSU

Running back David Montgomery dodges while making his way into the end zone during a game against Oklahoma State University on Nov. 11. at Jack Trice Stadium.

Lanning made the switch from quarterback to linebacker after last season. He leads Iowa State with 110 tackles and tied with JaQuan Bailey for team sacks this season with five. Lanning was a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award.

Cotton-Moya has been through his share of injuries throughout his Iowa State career, but his last Cyclone season ended on a strong note. He had 60 tackles on the season with three interceptions.

On the AP All-Big 12 Second Team, senior wide receiver Allen Lazard, redshirt senior offensive lineman Jake Campos and redshirt junior cornerback Brian Peavy.

+2 
lazard back shoulder catch

Allen Lazard reaches for a diving catch in the first half against TCU. The play resulted in a first down.

Lazard has broke many school records this season and will be eyeing a spot on a NFL roster this upcoming spring. He ended his final season with nine touchdowns and 799 receiving yards. 

Campos had to sit out the entire 2016 season due to a leg injury, but his final season ended with him playing every game this season and giving the offensive line some needed leadership.

Peavy was the top cornerback for Iowa State this season and did his part on the defensive end. He had 81 tackles, six tackles for loss, two fumble recoveries and one interception. 

Sports Editor

seth slayer

this is such great mesmerizing content well written post

adrena thrive

Farmer Josephine

The article is diverse shape well ordered based articles and I discovered it particularly intriguing. There is blend of various strategies and I think the http://chemicaland.top is done on the issue that is to a great degree particularly intriguing for us to know. The accommodating procedure for driving information is valuable as it changes the information into imperative data after fundamental managing on it in wonderful way.